What is CNC?
Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) is a process used widely throughout precision machining. It uses numerical control which can be customized throughout every job and controls numerous tools such as lathes, mills and grinders. The use of computers helps to eliminate any possibility of error, the design will be loaded onto the computer and then transformed in a precision process. There is a wide variety of CNC services available here at MNB Precision including turning and milling.
There are many benefits associated with the use of CNC. These can include:
- High degree of accuracy – extremely accurate drawings allows extremely accurate cuttings
- Easily repeatable – should you wish to repeat a design, templates can be created to replicate cuttings
- Cost savings – as the machinery is so accurate, off cuttings and wastage are kept to a minimum
- Efficiency – materials that would normally need to go through a number of steps for creation can take a fraction of the time
- Safety – the whole process is automated, so operators are kept out of the way